Unofficial Guide to Medicine
The Unofficial Guide to Medicine is a publishing model that allows any student to have their say in developing books for their education, and to potentially go on to become one of the authors.
The website serves as both an information and promotional tool, as well as providing links to purchase the various books on offer. The site needed to:
- Promote the books and make samples available for visitors to download and peruse
- Reflect the style of the books using specific palettes and fonts
- Present content from the books in HTML and CSS as well as downloadable PDFs
- Enable visitors to get in touch via a form mail and also subscribe to the newsletter
- Be easy to navigate
- Be fully responsive from desktop through to tablet and mobile
- Be built on WordPress
- Showcase upcoming books and provide links to purchase all publications
- Link to published research and student driven content
Before we started work on the HTML and CSS, we put together a series of wireframes and monochrome mock-ups in order to establish the best content flow and design. These changed throughout the process quite substantially.
One of the requirements for the site was to present content from the books as accurately as we could on each dedicated book page. Some of the content in the books consisted of tabulated data and checklists. We created a series of table styles using the colours from the books in question.
Ninja Beaver have continued their relationship with the Unofficial Guide to Medicine by being the main provider of their every day flyer and advert print design. Which you can see in our Print Design section.