Dragons Den is a licensed mobile game created by DR Studios. Any application or game that is downloaded from the appstore needs to have a website that offers a support email / point of contact.
The website itself was optimised to be displayed on the commonest low resolution screen at the time; which would have been the iPad (1st Gen). The site needed to:
- Represent faithfully the look and feel of the game and TV show, using assets created during production
- Introduce the ‘Dragons’
- Give hints and tips about how to play the game
- Have a contact / support link
- Show screenshots of the game
- Have a dynamically updated ‘Rich List’ collated from game data that acted as a leader board for people playing the game
- Have a ‘Pitch of the Week’ that website users could vote for their preferred pitch
The Dragons Den website was built using in-game assets provided by the art team at DR Studios, consisting of 3D models and renders. DR Studios provided the php code to collate the leader boards, and Ninja Beaver posed a new ‘Pitch’ each week as pulled from a list supplied by DR Studios.